- At Cardozo Conference, Chief Judge Pushes for Passage of Reworked Juvenile Justice Bill. Read HERE
- Dr. Jeffrey Butts tackles mental health in the JJ system. “There Is More Than One System In Juvenile Justice” Read HERE
- “A Story That Caught My Eye”…Past NYJJI Youth Council Member Griselda Cruz pens a review about David Chura’s book, I Don’t Wish Nobody to Have a Life like Mine: Tales of Kids in Adult Lockup (Beacon Press). Read HERE!
- New Therapy Proves Effective For Juvenile Sex Offenders…Read HERE
- INEQUALITY AND NEW YORK’S SUBWAY: “New York City has a problem with income inequality. And it’s getting worse—the top of the spectrum is gaining and the bottom is losing. Along individual subway lines, earnings range from poverty to considerable wealth. The interactive infographic HERE charts these shifts, using data on median household income from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The Just and Fair Schools Fund has given $3.8 million in grants over two years to 35 community organizations winning critical reform of harsh school discipline and aggressive school policing. Watch the video to learn more:
May 1, 2013 1-4pm: Shirley Chisholm Residence, East New York, Brooklyn. The Community Provider Experience with the Close-to-Home Initiative
An Open House Celebration and Panel Discussion About:
The Missouri Approach
Infusing the Sanctuary Model for Trauma-Informed Care
Specialized Non-Secure Placement for the LGBTQ Population
Solution-Based Casework and Aftercare
The Youth Experience
Lunch will be served in the garden and transportation from Manhattan will be provided
Friday, May 3, 2013 at 12:30pm: Luncheon for V.O.T.E. (Voice of the Ex-Offender). 15 West 67th Street, New York NY 10023
A lunch event that the Youth Justice Funding Collaborative is sponsoring for Voice of the Ex-Offender (V.O.T.E.) – a New Orleans organization that empowers formerly incarcerated people in New Orleans and Louisiana. VOTE, a grantee of the Youth Justice Funding Collaborative for five years, is one of the most effective criminal justice organizations in Louisiana.
For more information email: email@example.com